Winton Wetlands is going WILD!
From 20-25 November Winton Wetlands is going WILD! Well, more wild than usual…
We’ll have lots of wildlife to see, as usual – but we’ll also be having a Wild Week of celebrations and fun, and showcasing many of the people and organisations who have helped us to get through a landmark year of achievements in 2023.
The Wild Week will close with a bang on Saturday 25 November with a public open day across the wetlands featuring displays, activities, guided walks and other one-of-a kind events.
Information on other Wild Week and activities and events can be found in the event program provided here. For any inquiries, please feel free to drop us a line – firstname.lastname@example.org – or call the project office on (03) 5766 4462. Or ask us a question on our Facebook or Instagram pages.
Public Open Day program
Saturday 25 November
Winton Wetlands Wild Week
A celebration of the achievements and contributions made by our supporters during 2023.
MONDAY 20 NOVEMBER
“Welcome to Winton Wetlands WILD WEEK of celebration and activity”
- Launch announcements on social media
- Launch of children’s competition
- Special WILD menu in café begins – for this week only
TUESDAY 21 NOVEMBER
- Winton Wetlands first-ever calendar – a special offer for today only. Watch out for announcement!
WEDNESDAY 22 NOVEMBER
- OUR VILLAGE school garden art event begins (More information coming soon.)
THURSDAY 23 NOVEMBER
- OUR VILLAGE school garden art event continues
FRIDAY 24 NOVEMBER
- OUR VILLAGE school garden art activity concludes in afternoon
- 6pm Official opening of art exhibition: Mark Dober – Wetlands
At Simpson Gallery, Benalla Art Gallery. More information: https://benallaartgallery.com.au/mark-dober-wetlands/
Free Event. To book: email@example.com
SATURDAY 25 NOVEMBER
10am-2pm – Public Open Day
- First hot air balloon flight over the wetlands – click here to contact Goldrush Ballooning for more info
- Cultural activity in and around Education Centre, honouring the Yorta Yorta connection with Winton Wetlands (Mokoan).
- Stalls, displays and fun activities with our partner organisations
- Lively food and drink options on-site
- Guided walks and demonstrations (more information and bookings will be open for these shortly!)
- See Growling Grass Frogs, Turtles and lots more
- Art on the Wetlands display continues (Courtesy of the Winton Wetlands Creatives)
- See a special seed-planting drone in action!
- And yes, lots more…
PLEASE SEE GREEN DISPLAY POSTER ON THIS WEBSITE FOR FULL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS EXCITING FINAL DAY
10.am-12.30pm – OUR VILLAGE Public Workshop
Free and open to everyone! Celebrate the wonderful garden sculpture created during the week by the local community.
This is just an outline. We’ll be updating the website and our social media regularly in the lead-up to Winton Wetlands Wild Week. Make a note for your diary – and watch out for more news.