The Mokoan Hub & Cafe won the national sustainable building award in 2016 and is the starting point for a visit to the project site.
With our family friendly 40 meter flying fox and natural playground area, delicious menu starring local produce and unique natural landscape, the Mokoan Hub & Café can help you to enjoy a bite to eat, cater for a meeting or even host your event.
The Mokoan Hub & Cafe is a not-for-profit business that provides local employment and uses local produce. Every dollar spent at our cafe supports cafe operation and ongoing site restoration of the Winton Wetlands habitat.
The Mokoan Hub & Cafe also stocks a fantastic range of local and regional products including homewares, condiments, skincare and more!
OPEN 9am – 4pm | 7 days
Please note the cafe kitchen closes at 3pm. On days of extreme heat, this time may be subject to change.
How to find us
652 Lake Mokoan Road
Chesney Vale, Victoria, 3673
Telephone: +613 5766 4462
Things are looking a little different, for your health and ours, so here are some important notes for planning your visit:
How we’re keeping you safe:
- Cleaning and sanitising practices have been increased
- Mindful handling in the kitchen and increased hand washing has been implemented
- Cash handling has been decreased through visitors paying via EFTPOS
- The use of KeepCups has been ceased temporarily, with bio-friendly take away cups as an alternative
- Staff have been asked to stay home if feeling unwell and have been briefed on safety measures
How you can help keep us safe:
- Please practice social distancing, good hygiene and stay home if you’re feeling unwell
- Please pay via EFTPOS where at all possible
- Provide your contact details, first name and phone number upon café entry to assist in rapid contact tracing if required (kept for 28 days then destroyed for privacy)
- Please have patience, we’re all in this together!